I’m pleased to announce that my first published short story, “The Wind and the Spark,” will appear as a reprint in Digital Science Fiction! This is one of my older stories, but I’m thrilled to re-release it: it’s currently only available in a paid issue of a magazine that went defunct before it published me, so not a lot of people have read it. Stay tuned for a publication date.
September was busy! September continues to be busy! (What do you mean it’s not September anymore?) Monthly update all quicky-like:
- My short story Shiplight came out at Metaphorosis!
- The text version of Sweeter than Lead (previously audio-only) went up on Podcastle!
- First draft of new short story! So far, pretty terrible!
- Novel revision status: behind schedule, but progressing! I’ve solved all the big structural problems, now I just need to implement it all.
- I attended a Social & Conceptual Issues in Astrobiology conference. Super-amazing!
- Spent today at Archon! Had my first public reading, and I was on a bunch of fun panels. Got to play the expert for a little while, and meet a bunch of excellent people.
October will include 3 weeks of travel (2 for work, 1 to visit family). Hopefully I can get a lot of revisions done meanwhile!