Help support an awesome new SFF magazine thrive and grow! In its first year, Metaphorosis has published a host of beautifully-written stories by awesome folks such as Karl Dandenell, Kelly Sandoval, Mari Ness,and over 40 others (myself included). Every story goes out onto the internet for free, but Kickstarter funds will let them do fun things like add podcast narration and pay higher rates for their authors.
And if you donate at the $75 level, you might get a story critique from me!
Brief post this month, because I’m in the middle of a 2-week academic conference travel loop.
- Attended the Viable Paradise 20th reunion, and gave a neuroscience talk on how to understand the brain. For the countless among you who missed it, fear not: I’m working on adapting my talk into a nonfiction article for various publications!
- Finished up a new short story, “The Hammer’s Prayer.” It’s in the second-draft stage, will need some more thought & revision before it’ll be ready for launch.
- Sold my first reprint, of a short story that didn’t get spread far on its first sale!
- Continuing apace with second-draft revisions of the novel. May not hit my December 1 self-imposed deadline, but I won’t be too far behind it.
- Thus, instead of doing NaNoWriMo, I’m doing NaNoFiReMo. (That’s “Finish Revising.” Or “fire,” as needed.) But no promises since I have multiple end-of-November deadlines.
- Current short story status: 11 submissions circulating, 3 of them shortlisted.